Since our beginning in 1973 volunteers have played a significant role in our history by providing food and services to the homeless; allowing us to keep our doors open to the needy each day. Here are some ways you can get involved. Shelterhouse needs both individual and group volunteers. For individuals, businesses or volunteer groups, there’s always an opportunity to get involved, whether for a one-time event or an on-going program:
- Feed the Need: Become a part of our Feed the Need Program. Simply bring a meal for 60 to the Esther Marie Hatton Center for Women or 150 to the David & Rebecca Barron Center for Men and serve it to our homeless residents. This program is a great team building experience for any group or business and provides a significant benefit to the shelter by reducing our food costs. You must call ahead and reserve a day and meal time in advance. Please try to provide a protein, vegetable, fruit, and dessert. Contact our volunteer coordinator or click here to make your reservation.
- Short on time? For those who want to help and support our meal program, but don’t have the time, simply send us a check for $150 – FTN @ Women’s Shelter or $250 FTN @ Men’s Shelter to cover the cost of a meal.
Chicken Pot Pie, Salad, Lemonade, Brownies
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Cookies
Lasagna, Corn, Garlic Bread, Fun-Size Candy
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Sort and organize donations
- Assist with Employment/Interview Guidance
- Provide ingredients and prepare baked goods in our state-of-the-art kitchen
- Organize a drive at your school, church or office
- Provide Clerical Assistant to staff
- Provide Snack Time for our residents
- Share your talents with our residents (haircutting, crafts, music, etc.)
- Volunteer as a Game Host
To schedule your volunteer opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Department at 513-562-1948
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Please sign up @ www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Select the Drop Inn Center as the organization that you would like to support.
DONATE THROUGH PAYROLL DEDUCTION
Shelterhouse is a member of Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati. Being a member of Community Shares allows you to donate through payroll deduction to Shelterhouse. For more information, please visit their website at www.cintishares.org.